Ruby 1.9 binary on ruby-lang.org not built with zlib?

Lee Griffiths

Hello Ruby fans.
The binary 1.9 package that's foudn on the ruby website doesn't seem to
either a) contain zlib.dll or b) have it statically linked in. This
causes problems when trying to run gem.

I personally solved this by just installing my 1.9 over my old 1.8 and
copying zlib1.dll to zlib.dll (found in ./bin).

Is this intended or an oversight? I imagine it'd stump people who go
straight for the 1.9 download...