Ruby 1.9 Installation Woes

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by fedzor, Jan 25, 2008.

  1. fedzor

    fedzor Guest

    I am trying to install ruby 1.9 on my mac (system details below).

    HOWEVER, I keep getting an ld error with ./libruby19-static.a! I
    understand what it's saying but i don't know how to fix it.

    Hopefully someone has run into this before:

    % make
    /usr/bin/ld: archive: ./libruby19-static.a has no table of contents,
    add one with ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [ruby19] Error 1
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    %

    I have n0 clue why this is happening.

    System Report:
    Darwin
    PPC
    Mac OS 10.4.11
    Ruby 1.8.6 installed perfectly fine from source
    ==> ruby 1.8.6 (2007-11-14 patchlevel 5000) [powerpc-darwin8.10.0]

    Please let me know if I can help you help me!

    Thanks,
    Ari
    fedzor, Jan 25, 2008