    it just sites there doing nothing. Can someone post a configure
    script for me to use? Or would it need to be specifically coded for
    my environment? I just wanna play with the newish ruby :(

    Reacher, Dec 4, 2007

  2. Hi,

    At Wed, 5 Dec 2007 01:15:00 +0900,
    Reacher wrote in [ruby-talk:282040]:
    > I'm running on Solaris and am having trouble building ruby 1.9.
    > First, why doesn't a configure script get bundled in the trunk?

    In general, auto-generated files aren't in the repository.

    > Anyway, I had to DL and build GNU M4 to get autoconf to build so I
    > could generate the configure script. But autoconf never completes ...
    > it just sites there doing nothing. Can someone post a configure
    > script for me to use? Or would it need to be specifically coded for
    > my environment? I just wanna play with the newish ruby :(

    ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/snapshot.tar.gz

    --
    Nobu Nakada

    Nobuyoshi Nakada, Dec 5, 2007

  3. Reacher

    Reacher Guest

    Thanks for the assistance. I'm getting a crash when miniruby tries to
    make prelude.c. Investigating...

    Reacher, Dec 5, 2007
  4. Reacher

    Reacher Guest

    On Dec 5, 8:34 am, Reacher <> wrote:
    > Thanks for the assistance. I'm getting a crash when miniruby tries to
    > make prelude.c. Investigating...

    UPDATE: Here's the details

    > uname -a

    SunOS dstnsun0 5.9 Generic_122300-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire

    > make

    cc -g -L. main.o dln.o miniprelude.o array.o bignum.o class.o
    compar.o dir.o encoding.o enum.o enumerator.o error.o eval.o
    eval_load.o proc.o file.o gc.o hash.o inits.o io.o marshal.o
    math.o numeric.o object.o pack.o parse.o process.o prec.o
    random.o range.o re.o regcomp.o regenc.o regerror.o regexec.o
    regparse.o regsyntax.o ruby.o signal.o sprintf.o st.o string.o
    struct.o time.o util.o variable.o version.o blockinlining.o
    compile.o debug.o iseq.o vm.o vm_dump.o thread.o cont.o id.o
    ascii.o euc_jp.o sjis.o unicode.o utf8.o flock.o isinf.o
    dmyext.o -lpthread -lrt -lsocket -ldl -lcrypt -lm -o miniruby
    rbconfig.rb updated
    ../miniruby -I. -rrbconfig ./tool/compile_prelude.rb ./prelude.rb ./
    gem_prelude.rb prelude.c
    *** Signal 10 - core dumped
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `prelude.c'

    > dbx miniruby core

    Reading miniruby
    core file header read successfully
    Reading ld.so.1
    Reading libpthread.so.1
    Reading librt.so.1
    Reading libsocket.so.1
    Reading libdl.so.1
    Reading libcrypt_i.so.1
    Reading libm.so.1
    Reading libc.so.1
    Reading libaio.so.1
    Reading libmd5.so.1
    Reading libnsl.so.1
    Reading libgen.so.1
    Reading libmp.so.2
    Reading libc_psr.so.1
    Reading libthread.so.1
    detected a multithreaded program
    t@1 (l@1) terminated by signal BUS (invalid address alignment)
    Current function is vm_call0
    455 if (reg_cfp != th->cfp + 1) {

    Reacher, Dec 5, 2007
  5. Hi,

    At Thu, 6 Dec 2007 00:16:31 +0900,
    Reacher wrote in [ruby-talk:282198]:
    > t@1 (l@1) terminated by signal BUS (invalid address alignment)
    > Current function is vm_call0
    > 455 if (reg_cfp != th->cfp + 1) {

    th is broken?

    --
    Nobu Nakada

    Nobuyoshi Nakada, Dec 5, 2007
  6. Reacher

    Reacher Guest

    On Dec 5, 9:25 am, Nobuyoshi Nakada <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > th is broken?
    >
    > --
    > Nobu Nakada

    It would seem so. It's the ruby thread passed to vm_call0() in vm.c

    Reacher, Dec 5, 2007