Ruby and ClearCase...

Cameron, Gemma (UK)

Hi Guys,

Has anyone used Ruby (or Rake) to interface with cleartool or Rational=
ClearCase? I googled the problem and found the following project at=
rubyforge which looks promising... or at least would be if there were any=
released files (or am I missing reference to a gem somewhere?)

http://rubyforge.org/projects/basketcase/

What I'm wanting to do is to parse the output from cleartool after I've=
updated a snapshot in order to zip up the new files it's loaded (seeing as=
ClearCase insists on retaining the entire directory structure when you=
load folders - I'm used to svn...).

If not are there any suggestions as to how I could go about this or should=
I just use ruby as a means to sending commands to the shell (system=
"cleartool -mkview...") followed by somesort of STDIN/OUT? I'm on Windows=
NT4 and ClearCase 3.2 by the way...

Thanks in advance!=0D

Gem

Regards