Ruby and CruiseControl

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Bil Kleb, Sep 8, 2004.

  1. Bil Kleb

    Bil Kleb Guest

    Jeffrey Fredricks's Continuous Integration article,

    http://www.stickyminds.com/BetterSoftware/magazine.asp?fn=cifea

    got me wondering if any Rubists are using CruiseControl,

    http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net

    to drive the tests on a Ruby project?

    When I asked this question over a year ago, Andy Hunt responded
    that he and Dave had done several custom systems for clients, but
    no open source material.

    It sounds like Alexey's Test::Unit::Reporter will soon give the
    necessary format for hooking Test::Unit results to CruiseControl.

    One use Jeffrey mentions is monitoring Javadoc errors which I had never
    thought of before. How does RDoc stand in this respect?

    Thanks,
    --
    Bil Kleb, Hampton, Virginia

    Bil Kleb, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Florian Weber, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Bil Kleb

    Bil Kleb Guest

    Bil Kleb, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Bil Kleb

    Mike Clark Guest

    On Sep 8, 2004, at 12:00 PM, Bil Kleb wrote:

    > Jeffrey Fredricks's Continuous Integration article,
    >
    > http://www.stickyminds.com/BetterSoftware/magazine.asp?fn=cifea
    >
    > got me wondering if any Rubists are using CruiseControl,
    >
    > http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net
    >
    > to drive the tests on a Ruby project?
    >
    > When I asked this question over a year ago, Andy Hunt responded
    > that he and Dave had done several custom systems for clients, but
    > no open source material.
    >
    > It sounds like Alexey's Test::Unit::Reporter will soon give the
    > necessary format for hooking Test::Unit results to CruiseControl.

    Hmm... a Rake builder would be trivial to write, and a refreshing
    alternative to the Ant and Maven builders currently in CruiseControl.
    Configuration might look something like this:

    <schedule interval="60">
    <rake target="test" />
    </schedule>

    I'm sure the CruiseControl community would welcome such a contribution.

    Mike

    Mike Clark, Sep 9, 2004