Ruby and CruiseControl

Bil Kleb

Jeffrey Fredricks's Continuous Integration article,

http://www.stickyminds.com/BetterSoftware/magazine.asp?fn=cifea

got me wondering if any Rubists are using CruiseControl,

http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net

to drive the tests on a Ruby project?

When I asked this question over a year ago, Andy Hunt responded
that he and Dave had done several custom systems for clients, but
no open source material.

It sounds like Alexey's Test::Unit::Reporter will soon give the
necessary format for hooking Test::Unit results to CruiseControl.

One use Jeffrey mentions is monitoring Javadoc errors which I had never
thought of before. How does RDoc stand in this respect?

Thanks,

Mike Clark

Jeffrey Fredricks's Continuous Integration article,

http://www.stickyminds.com/BetterSoftware/magazine.asp?fn=cifea

got me wondering if any Rubists are using CruiseControl,

http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net

to drive the tests on a Ruby project?

When I asked this question over a year ago, Andy Hunt responded
that he and Dave had done several custom systems for clients, but
no open source material.

It sounds like Alexey's Test::Unit::Reporter will soon give the
necessary format for hooking Test::Unit results to CruiseControl.

Hmm... a Rake builder would be trivial to write, and a refreshing
alternative to the Ant and Maven builders currently in CruiseControl.
Configuration might look something like this:

<schedule interval="60">
<rake target="test" />
</schedule>

I'm sure the CruiseControl community would welcome such a contribution.

Mike