    helps, it is a Windows server.

    Thanks,

    --Aldric

    Aldric Giacomoni, Dec 5, 2008

  2. > I'd like to query a DHCP server to get information on the reservation. I
    > found Net::DHCP at http://rubyforge.org/projects/netdhcp/
    > but .. There are now downloadable files there, and I feel a little uneasy
    > about downloading something from SVN as this may go into a production
    > script. Is there any other way to query DHCP? In case it helps, it is a
    > Windows server.

    Seems that there are just some needed files on the trunk/lib directory
    there. You'll need the Pcap extension (here:
    http://www.goto.info.waseda.ac.jp/~fukusima/ruby/pcap-e.html and some
    examples here: http://arstechnica.com/articles/columns/linux/linux-20051002.ars)
    to run the main.rb file there. It just requires the dhcp.rb file and
    seems to work.

    Eustáquio Rangel, Dec 5, 2008