Ruby and IBM MQ Series

Juan Pablo Nuñez Rojas

Hi folks!

I'm thinking about doing web development on RoR for my shop, but most of
our clients use the IBM middleware MQSeries.

I can't find a library to use MQSeries from Ruby. Does such a thing even
exists? Or should I build it myself?

Ideas?

Brian McCallister

You could probably do bindings to the XMS C api for MQSeries without =20
a lot of pain.

-Brian

Juan Pablo Nuñez Rojas

Brian said:
You could probably do bindings to the XMS C api for MQSeries without
a lot of pain.

-Brian

That doesn't sound too impresive. I will give it a try.

Reid Morrison

Hi Juan,

Don't know if you can still use it, but there is now a complete
implementation of the WebSphere MQ (MQSeries) API available for Ruby.

I have used it extensively in Production migrations and we are also
using it to build a WebSphere MQ monitoring application in Ruby on
Rails.

http://rubywmq.rubyforge.org/

The download contains several useful samples.

Regards
Reid Morrison