    and is there any good framework that helps in developing applications
    for mobile devices.

    Kiran Kumar
    SunRaySon, Mar 18, 2007

  2. SunRaySon

    Guido Sohne Guest

    On 3/18/07, SunRaySon <> wrote:
    > Are there any ruby applications that are written for mobile devices
    > and is there any good framework that helps in developing applications
    > for mobile devices.

    I've written some Ruby applications that use Rails to deliver SMS
    applications running under Kannel. I think you are after something
    different, which may be running Ruby on the mobile device itself. I
    haven't heard much about that but most of the devices now will not run
    such a heavy interpreter process comfortably.

    -- G.
    Guido Sohne, Mar 18, 2007

  3. SunRaySon wrote:
    > Are there any ruby applications that are written for mobile devices
    > and is there any good framework that helps in developing applications
    > for mobile devices.
    >
    > Kiran Kumar

    There is the WinCE version of Ruby, which some people have gotten
    working on their mobile devices (do a search for those). Other than
    that, I don't think there is much.

    -Justin
    Justin Collins, Mar 18, 2007
  4. SunRaySon

    Zouplaz Guest

    le 18/03/2007 07:26, SunRaySon nous a dit:
    > Are there any ruby applications that are written for mobile devices
    > and is there any good framework that helps in developing applications
    > for mobile devices.
    >
    > Kiran Kumar

    There is an official symbian version of Ruby here :
    http://developer.symbian.com/main/tools/opensrc/ruby/part2.jsp
    Zouplaz, Mar 18, 2007
  5. Le dimanche 18 mars 2007 07:26, SunRaySon a =E9crit=A0:
    > Are there any ruby applications that are written for mobile devices
    > and is there any good framework that helps in developing applications
    > for mobile devices.
    >
    > Kiran Kumar

    I'm not sure that it will be useful for you, but some programs on the gp2x =
    are=20
    written in ruby. Gp2x is a handled console from corea running linux on ARM=
    =20
    processor. The ruby interpreter runs on it, and some libs too, like rubygam=
    e.

    I have a gp2x, but I haven't tried yet... I'll take some time to play with=
    =20
    ruby on it, one day :)

    =2D-=20
    Olivier Renaud
    Olivier Renaud, Mar 18, 2007
  6. SunRaySon

    SunRaySon Guest

    This is very encouraging. I am looking at something like this for a
    while as I am not very comfortable with high level languages like
    C/C++ and Java. I am very thankful to all of you for your inputs on
    this mail.

    Now I have another question in this regard. I would like to try some
    sample applications to get myself familiar with the mobile environment
    (I would definitely try the samples on the Symbian website). Can
    anyone suggest some good applications / libraries / exercises so that
    I can get familiar with mobile computing environment.

    Thank you all once again for your contributions.

    Kiran Kumar

    SunRaySon, Mar 19, 2007