Ruby and SQL Queries

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Josh Otter, Mar 28, 2006.

  1. Josh Otter

    Josh Otter Guest

    Hi all,
    I am new to Ruby ( and to Miscrosft SQL). I want to be able to do very
    basic queries from ruby to a external MS SQL databse. I have searched
    through the web and it seems you have to jump through hoops to get ruby
    to talk to a SQL database.

    1) Install freedts

    2) Install sqlrelay

    3) ??

    I installed freedts, but I am having problems install sqlrelay (gentoo).
    Is there a easier way to do quieries in Ruby?

    Thanks,
    Otter

    Josh Otter, Mar 28, 2006

  2. Josh Otter

    James Britt Guest

    Josh Otter wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I am new to Ruby ( and to Miscrosft SQL). I want to be able to do very
    > basic queries from ruby to a external MS SQL databse. I have searched
    > through the web and it seems you have to jump through hoops to get ruby
    > to talk to a SQL database.
    >
    > 1) Install freedts
    >
    > 2) Install sqlrelay
    >
    > 3) ??

    This may help

    http://ruby-dbi.rubyforge.org/

    --
    James Britt

    "Blanket statements are over-rated"

    James Britt, Mar 28, 2006

  3. On 3/27/06, Josh Otter <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I am new to Ruby ( and to Miscrosft SQL). I want to be able to do very
    > basic queries from ruby to a external MS SQL databse. I have searched
    > through the web and it seems you have to jump through hoops to get ruby
    > to talk to a SQL database.

    On windows using the 1 click installer ruby-dbi comes installed by
    default with ODBC drivers and you can access MS-SQL that way without
    installing anything.

    Gregory Brown, Mar 28, 2006