    on environment to use with application I will propose.

    by

    TheR

    Damjan Rems, Nov 30, 2006

  2. Damjan Rems

    Jeremy Wells Guest

    Damjan Rems wrote:
    > Has anybody been succesfull combining Windows Telephone API (TAPI) with
    > ruby. What I need is start a ruby program on call and receive a caller
    > number.
    >
    > I need to know if this has been done with ruby so I can further decide
    > on environment to use with application I will propose.

    Hi, I've not done this but I have written several applications a few
    years ago to make use of tapi from vb6. TAPI calls are just like normal
    win32 calls, and most of the work is with dealing with the returned
    structures, creating an object model and responding to call backs. All
    of these things are quite simple in ruby, and a full tapi implementation
    in a vb6 dll project is about 4000 lines, so with ruby I doubt there
    would be a problem.

    However, it is still a considerable amount of work and I think it would
    be wise to investigate if there is an existing off the shelf com library
    that you can call from ruby with win32ole, or a .NET library that you
    can call with .net bridge, as this would provide the object model for you.
    --

    *Jeremy Wells*

    Jeremy Wells, Nov 30, 2006

  3. Damjan Rems

    gregarican Guest

    Don't know if you are looking to develop a CTI-type application or just
    control a computer's modem, but if it's the former and the phone system
    is TSAPI compliant as well I created a Ruby TSAPI library for such a
    purpose (http://tsapi.rubyforge.org).

    gregarican, Nov 30, 2006
  4. Damjan Rems

    Damjan Rems Guest

    Greg Kujawa wrote:
    > Don't know if you are looking to develop a CTI-type application or just
    > control a computer's modem, but if it's the former and the phone system
    > is TSAPI compliant as well I created a Ruby TSAPI library for such a
    > purpose (http://tsapi.rubyforge.org).

    I have an ISDN phone connected to computers RS232 interface and a TAPI
    driver. What I would like to achive is when phone rings I could get a
    caller number which would than be processed further.

    by

    TheR

    Damjan Rems, Dec 1, 2006
  5. Damjan Rems

    gregarican Guest

    I assume you are referring to a Windows host machine. If so then check
    this URL --> http://www.programurl.com/software/tapi.htm. If I were you
    I'd find a easy to use COM download and use that to grab the incoming
    ANI.

    gregarican, Dec 1, 2006