ruby + apache. need to export path=/opt/ruby/bin every time beforestarting apache

ad

Hi,
I have installed apache 1.3 and ruby 1.8. I am running some ruby files
through the browser.

Before I start apache I always have to do:
export PATH=/opt/ruby/bin:$PATH

If I dont export the ruby path (I have installed ruby under /opt/ruby)
and start apache, then I get an internal server error every time I
access the file.

If I export the path manually and then restart apache I am able to
access the ruby file just fine.

Is there a way to set up this variable through apache?

thanks.