Ruby as application scripting language?

MohsinHijazee

Hello again!
I've seen some applications which expose their object model for the
user to write program to automate some of the tasks he wishes to do.
One example is FontLab which allows you to use Python. Is that done
for the Ruby as well? What do you say?

Regards,
Mohsin

Jari Williamsson

MohsinHijazee said:
I've seen some applications which expose their object model for the
user to write program to automate some of the tasks he wishes to do.
One example is FontLab which allows you to use Python. Is that done
for the Ruby as well? What do you say?

Sure, Sketchup (now owned by Google) for example use Ruby.

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson

has

Sure, Sketchup (now owned by Google) for example use Ruby.

Many Mac and Windows applications also expose functionality via Apple
events/COM which can be accessed from Ruby via bridges such as rb-
appscript and Win32OLE.

HTH

has