Ruby Brigade|Group|Meetup collaboration

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by pat eyler, Mar 10, 2006.

  1. pat eyler

    pat eyler Guest

    I've noticed several things recently that made me think that
    getting some level of collaboration among the various
    Rubyist organizations would be a good thing.

    There are a number of groups within several hours of each
    other in the North East, would they be able to get together
    for a regional RubyConf, or just share information about
    meetings so that people could drive for a bit to attend
    something interesting with another group?

    At least three groups are setting up Ruby Hackiing nights
    on Tuesdays. Would it be interesting to have all of those
    groups working on a single project, communicating via
    irc, and sharing a common scm?

    If you've read this far (and haven't dismissed me as a
    nutjob), I think we ought to do something about this.
    I've set up a google group:
    http://groups.google.com/group/Ruby-Brigades

    If you run, or help run, a group, please join up and
    let's talk about making our groups better, combining
    our efforts, recommending presenters, etc.

    --
    thanks,
    -pate

    pat eyler, Mar 10, 2006