Ruby C extension problems mingw, missing symbols?

Conan Rubymanjaro

I've been working all day on this(I might just be useless today) but I
can't figure it out.

I'm trying to make a simple extension, but when I include it, I get an
error:

/alignment.so: 127: The specified procedure could not be found. -
Init_alignment.so

I'm running Ruby 1.8.6 (from the Ruby-one-click-installer) on windows.
I'm using the Mingw32 tools for compiling my code.

In my .cpp file:

void Init_alignment()
{

}

In my .rb file:

require 'alignment'
puts "WOO!"

My compile script:

g++ alignment.cpp -shared -o alignment.so
-Ic:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/i386-mswin32 -lmsvcrt-ruby18 -lmsvcrt
-Lc:/ruby/bin -O3 -export-all-symbols

Nobuyoshi Nakada

Hi,

At Thu, 6 Sep 2007 08:39:25 +0900,
Conan Rubymanjaro wrote in [ruby-talk:267817]:
./alignment.so: 127: The specified procedure could not be found. -
Init_alignment.so
g++ alignment.cpp -shared -o alignment.so

You use C++ compiler. Symbols in C++ object files are mangled
unless they are marked extern "C".

Try `nm --extern-only --defined-only alignment.so | grep Init_alignment'.