Ruby Challenge

Bill Clagett

Ruby can get you through a few pages. But pretty soon you run into a
serialized Python object.

Bill Guindon

Indeed, you'll import that. pick hill. ;)
I'd stopped at 'zip' problem.

Shame, hit the same wall. Anybody have the answer (send off list) so
I can see what follows?
Or, is there some way to emulate the python lib in ruby?
=20

--=20
Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)

Pit Capitain

Bill said:
Or, is there some way to emulate the python lib in ruby?

I looked at the module in the Python sources via the web interface to
the CVS repository. With those infos I could decipher the file format
and write a Ruby script to get at the important data.

Tell me if you need more help. I'm currently stuck at level 7.

Regards,
Pit

Bill Guindon

=20
I looked at the module in the Python sources via the web interface to
the CVS repository. With those infos I could decipher the file format
and write a Ruby script to get at the important data.

I may just go that route, but probably not until tomorrow.
=20
Tell me if you need more help. I'm currently stuck at level 7.

I may go that route instead, but the same time ;)
Regards,
Pit
=20
=20

--=20
Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)

Vincent Foley

Indeed, the peak hell problem requires Python. The one after that
however can be accomplished with Ruby. I am stuck on level 7 now,
smarty.

Jim Menard

Vincent said:
Indeed, the peak hell problem requires Python. The one after that
however can be accomplished with Ruby. I am stuck on level 7 now,
smarty.

So was I, until I used an image editor to retrieve the grayscale values of the
magic pixels. After that, it's pretty straightforward, if I remember correctly.

I'm stuck on level 12, myself.

Jim

Pit Capitain

Vincent said:
Indeed, the peak hell problem requires Python. The one after that
however can be accomplished with Ruby. I am stuck on level 7 now,
smarty.

Using only Ruby, I'm at level 8.

Regards,
Pit