    Cheers.

    (15:56:48) Zack: e la demo dema ? /\ All one has to do is hit the
    (15:57:15) Bac: no, la demo scema \/ right keys at the right time

    Stefano Zacchiroli, Jan 21, 2007

  2. Stefano Zacchiroli

    Chris Carter Guest

    On 1/21/07, Stefano Zacchiroli <> wrote:
    > Is there in the Ruby community anything like "ruby coding convention"?
    >
    > Google returns two interesting links:
    > - http://pub.cozmixng.org/~the-rwiki/rw-cgi.rb?cmd=view;name=RubyCodingConvention
    > - http://www.caliban.org/ruby/rubyguide.shtml#style
    >
    > Are they "authoritative" for some meaning of the word? :)
    >
    > Many thanks in advance,
    > Cheers.
    >
    > --
    > Stefano Zacchiroli -*- Computer Science PhD student @ Uny Bologna, Italy
    > zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it} -%- http://www.bononia.it/zack/
    > (15:56:48) Zack: e la demo dema ? /\ All one has to do is hit the
    > (15:57:15) Bac: no, la demo scema \/ right keys at the right time

    There is no official/authoritative Style Sheet/Coding Conventions but
    those two put together are what most of the community uses

    --
    Chris Carter
    concentrationstudios.com

    Chris Carter, Jan 21, 2007

  3. Stefano Zacchiroli

    Guest

    Hi --

    On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Chris Carter wrote:

    > On 1/21/07, Stefano Zacchiroli <> wrote:
    >> Is there in the Ruby community anything like "ruby coding convention"?
    >>
    >> Google returns two interesting links:
    >> -
    >> http://pub.cozmixng.org/~the-rwiki/rw-cgi.rb?cmd=view;name=RubyCodingConvention
    >> - http://www.caliban.org/ruby/rubyguide.shtml#style
    >>
    >> Are they "authoritative" for some meaning of the word? :)
    >>

    > There is no official/authoritative Style Sheet/Coding Conventions but
    > those two put together are what most of the community uses

    I'd also point to the standard library (at least most of it :) as a
    good source of examples of traditional Ruby style.

    David

    , Jan 21, 2007
  4. On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:33:31AM +0900, wrote:
    > I'd also point to the standard library (at least most of it :) as a
    > good source of examples of traditional Ruby style.

    That's indeed what I usually do, but a visible document on the net would
    be far more reassuring for newbies willing to following the community
    best-practices :)

    Stefano Zacchiroli, Jan 21, 2007
  5. Stefano Zacchiroli

    Guest

    Hi --

    On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

    > On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:33:31AM +0900, wrote:
    >> I'd also point to the standard library (at least most of it :) as a
    >> good source of examples of traditional Ruby style.

    > That's indeed what I usually do, but a visible document on the net would
    > be far more reassuring for newbies willing to following the community
    > best-practices :)

    Like I said, "also" :)

    David

    , Jan 21, 2007
  6. Stefano Zacchiroli

    James Britt Guest

    Chris Carter wrote:
    > On 1/21/07, Stefano Zacchiroli <> wrote:
    >> Is there in the Ruby community anything like "ruby coding convention"?
    >>
    >> Google returns two interesting links:
    >> -
    >> http://pub.cozmixng.org/~the-rwiki/rw-cgi.rb?cmd=view;name=RubyCodingConvention
    >>
    >> - http://www.caliban.org/ruby/rubyguide.shtml#style
    >>
    >> Are they "authoritative" for some meaning of the word? :)
    >>
    >> Many thanks in advance,
    >> Cheers.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Stefano Zacchiroli -*- Computer Science PhD student @ Uny Bologna, Italy
    >> zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it} -%- http://www.bononia.it/zack/
    >> (15:56:48) Zack: e la demo dema ? /\ All one has to do is hit the
    >> (15:57:15) Bac: no, la demo scema \/ right keys at the right time
    >>

    > There is no official/authoritative Style Sheet/Coding Conventions but
    > those two put together are what most of the community uses

    There is also style guide on the RubyGarden wiki
    (http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby) , but the wiki doesn't seem to be
    responding right now.

    --
    James Britt

    "Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally
    for machines to execute."
    - H. Abelson and G. Sussman
    (in "The Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs)

    James Britt, Jan 21, 2007