Ruby Conference Hotel

Matt Lawrence

ACK! The hotel is sold out. Any suggestions?

-- Matt
Nothing great was ever accomplished without _passion_

David A. Black

Hi --

ACK! The hotel is sold out. Any suggestions?

I've been waiting to hear from my contact at the hotel on this (we've
had experiences in the past where there were false alarms), but since
I haven't, and since several people have hit this problem, let me go
ahead and give you a link to a map of other hotels in the area:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=hotel+near+2223+El+Cajon+Blvd,+san+diego+ca+92103&num=10&start=0&hl=en

(It's also http://rubyurl.com/Odi but that seems to be hanging.)

I'll keep people updated if I hear any news. Meanwhile, I've also
created a wiki page for room sharing contacts at
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyConfRoomShares

David

James Edward Gray II

ACK! The hotel is sold out.

It was out of handicap accessible rooms long before this too. I
checked probably a month ago. It sounded to me like that hotel had
very few rooms that didn't involve traversing stairs to reach. That
might be a point conference organizers want to consider in the future.

The above is meant as a helpful tip, not a complaint.

James Edward Gray II

John Lam

------=_Part_176_20189183.1126234288810

I just registered over at the Town & Country which is the OOSPLA hotel.=20
There's rooms there for $105 / night. But you'll need to cab / drive the 2=
=20
miles or so to the RubyConf hotel.

-John

------=_Part_176_20189183.1126234288810--

Scott Barron

------=_Part_12359_23648764.1126539399022

=20
I just registered over at the Town & Country which is the OOSPLA hotel.
There's rooms there for $105 / night. But you'll need to cab / drive the = 2
miles or so to the RubyConf hotel.
=20
-John
=20
=20
I've also booked a room at Town & Country. I rented a car as well, so if=20
anyone else is staying there and wants rides to and fro RubyConf, give me a=
=20
shout and we'll work it out.

-Scott

------=_Part_12359_23648764.1126539399022--