Ruby, CSV and PDF / Porting xtopdf to Ruby with PDF::Writer

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by vasudevram, Jul 25, 2006.

  1. vasudevram

    vasudevram Guest

    Hey,

    Started porting my xtopdf PDF creation/conversion toolkit -
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/xtopdf - from Python to Ruby.
    Using PDF::Writer for the underlying PDF creation work.
    It looks like a good component.

    Details here:

    http://jugad.livejournal.com/2006/07/24/

    And here:

    http://jugad.livejournal.com/2006/07/25/

    Also did some work on porting DBFReader.py, another part of xtopdf, to
    Ruby.
    Coding in Ruby really seems to flow with ease - a tribute to the
    language design.

    Will be creating a RubyForge project for it after some more work is
    done.
    Anyone who wants to know when that happens, feel free to subscribe to
    my blog feed - http://feeds.feedburner.com/Jugad.

    That's my blog where I track and comment on software innovation, both
    commercial and open source, happening worldwide.

    - Vasudev
    Custom utility development
    Software consulting and training
    http://www.dancingbison.com