ruby dbi and sql server 2000

aidy

I hava a class that connects to SQL Server 2000

class SQLServerConnection
attr_reader :row

def initialize(server_name, db)
@db = db
@dbh=DBI.connect("DBI:ADO:provider=SQLOLEDB;Data
Source=#{server_name};Intitial Catalog=#{@db};Integrated
Security=SSPI")
end

def execute_sql(sql)
@dbh.execute("USE #{@db}")
sth = @dbh.prepare(sql)
sth.execute
@row=sth.fetch
end
end

sql_server = SQLServerConnection.new('v-w-dcs-test1',
'DcsOrderTracking')
sql_server.execute_sql("DELETE FROM [OrderLineStatus]")

I am receiving this error

DBI::DatabaseError: EOF

OLE error code:800A0E78 in ADODB.Recordset

Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.

HRESULT error code:0x80020009

Exception occurred.

But I am not sure why.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Aidy

Dejan Dimic

[...]

Take look at http://www.kitebird.com/articles/ruby-dbi.html

Damjan Rems

aidy said:
I am receiving this error

DBI::DatabaseError: EOF

OLE error code:800A0E78 in ADODB.Recordset

Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.

HRESULT error code:0x80020009

Exception occurred.

Why not just something like this:
sql_server.dbh.do("DELETE FROM [OrderLineStatus]")

by
TheR