ruby debug newbie help

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Fred L., Mar 23, 2011.

  1. Fred L.

    Fred L. Guest

    Hello all,
    I'm learning Ruby and I got a little problem with my first try at
    debugging.
    I work on Windows XP SP3, with a fresh install of :
    rubyinstaller-1.9.2-p180.exe
    DevKit-tdm-32-4.5.1-20101214-1400-sfx.exe

    my 'problem' is with a long listing that appear on screen before the
    debugging session. the debug seems to work normally after that (just
    made a few try for now).
    is it the 'normal' way and is there a way to desactive this listing...?

    here is a screen copy of the end of the listing and a small debugging
    session : http://img30.imageshack.us/i/rdebuglog.png/

    thanks for your help.
    Fred

    Fred L., Mar 23, 2011

  2. Fred L.

    Fred L. Guest

    Fred L., Mar 23, 2011

  3. Fred L.

    Roger Pack Guest

    don't do -rdebug
    do

    require 'ruby-debug'
    debugger

    have you installed ruby-debug19 gem?

    Roger Pack, Mar 23, 2011
  4. Fred L.

    Fred L. Guest

    no, I only tried to use the debug version included in ruby, not the
    'ruby-debug' one...

    Fred L., Mar 23, 2011
  5. Fred L.

    Roger Pack Guest

    Roger Pack, Mar 24, 2011
  6. Fred L.

    Fred L. Guest

    Ok, thank you... I'm beginning with Ruby and can't take much time to
    understand this kind of problem.
    so I looked at ruby-debug19 and installed it. it seems to work well...
    :)
    I can keep learning..
    thanks.
    Fred