    Lex Williams Guest

    Please tell me there is a step out command for ruby-debug . I hate
    having to set breakpoints and continuing to them all the time .
    Lex Williams, Sep 24, 2008

  2. Lex Williams

    Roger Pack Guest

    Lex Williams wrote:
    > Please tell me there is a step out command for ruby-debug . I hate
    > having to set breakpoints and continuing to them all the time .

    Took me three tries to find something. Here's my results:

    irb(main):032:0> require 'ruby-debug'
    de=> true
    irb(main):033:0> debugger
    [158, 167] in
    /Users/rogerpack/dev/ruby_186_installed/lib/ruby/1.8/irb(rdb:1) help
    Type 'help <command-name>' for help on a specific command

    Available commands:
    backtrace delete enable help next quit show trace
    break disable eval info p reload source undisplay
    catch display exit irb pp restart step up
    condition down finish list ps save thread var
    continue edit frame method putl set tmate where

    (rdb:1) help step
    s[tep][+-]?[ nnn] step (into methods) once or nnn times
    '+' forces to move to another line.
    '-' is the opposite of '+' and disables the force_stepping setting.
    (rdb:1) help up
    up[count] move to higher frame
    (rdb:1) help continue
    c[ont[inue]][ nnn] run until program ends, hits a breakpoint or reaches
    line nnn
    (rdb:1) help finish
    fin[ish] [frame-number] Execute until selected stack frame returns.

    If no frame number is given, we run until the currently selected frame
    returns. The currently selected frame starts out the most-recent
    frame or 0 if no frame positioning (e.g "up", "down" or "frame") has
    been performed. If a frame number is given we run until that frame
    returns.

    -=R
    Roger Pack, Sep 24, 2008