Ruby Debugger

Huw Collingbourne

The subject of Ruby debuggers was raised in the Latest "Ruby Weekly News"

Anyone using Visual Studio 2005 may like to know that our free IDE, Ruby In
Steel, now has integrated debugging (breakpoints, watch variables, locals,
autos, trace-into, step-over, syntax error location, run to cursor etc.)

You can download Steel from http://www.sapphiresteel.com

best wishes
Huw Collingbourne

Huw Collingbourne

Jay Levitt said:
The day I am able to step into Rails code with Steel is the day I insist
on
paying you lots of money... please keep us informed!

I look forward to holding you to that promise!

We are trying to be realistic in the release schedule of versions of Steel -
so the July release will include 'basic' Rails support only (project
management in the solution explorer, rhtml colouring, integrated script /
generate / scaffold and a few other things). The August release will
concentrate on various 'interactivity' improvements to the editor. However,
suffice to say that we are just as keen as you are on having debugging for
Rails and you may want to keep an eye on our web site as we shall gradually
be filling in more details of the features of forthcoming releases - some of
which you might find of interest :)

best wishes
Huw Collingbourne
http://www.sapphiresteel.com