ruby-dev summary 21366-21380

Kazuo Saito

Hello,

This is a summary of ruby-dev mailing list last week.

[ruby-dev:21356] test/ruby/*

NKAMURA, Hiroshi created a starter of adding test suites
to test/ruby/. He devided sample/test.rb along classes
to test, changed to use Test::Unit and committed them
into test/ruby/ directory in the CVS repository.

He wants other rubyists to have a look at them, and
add new Test::Unit test cases for ruby and extension
libraries if you like it.

He also added test cases for CSV library as an example
of the testing library.

Kazuo Saito <[email protected]>

Paul Brannan

[ruby-dev:21356] test/ruby/*

NKAMURA, Hiroshi created a starter of adding test suites
to test/ruby/. He devided sample/test.rb along classes
to test, changed to use Test::Unit and committed them
into test/ruby/ directory in the CVS repository.

How do/will these tests differ from rubicon?

Paul

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "Re: ruby-dev summary 21366-21380"

|> NKAMURA, Hiroshi created a starter of adding test suites
|> to test/ruby/. He devided sample/test.rb along classes
|> to test, changed to use Test::Unit and committed them
|> into test/ruby/ directory in the CVS repository.
|
|How do/will these tests differ from rubicon?

The new test suites differ from rubicon that

* it's for the latest version only
* authors/maintainers of bundled libraries are encouraged to add
their tests to the suites.

Maybe it will be called as "rubicon" in the future to honor the
original test suites.

matz.