ruby-fcgi problem on freebsd

Carl Youngblood

I'm having a problem trying to set up a ruby-fcgi web site on my virtual
server, which runs freebsd (4.5). Apparently, the freebsd setup that
I'm using has both Ruby 1.6 and Ruby 1.8 installed because some of the
server maintenance scripts depend on Ruby 1.6 and then I installed Ruby
1.8. I used the standard freebsd stable packages to do this and both
versions seem to run fine. Right now /usr/local/bin/ruby points to ruby
1.6 and I have to explicitly call ruby18 to get ruby1.8.

So I has some trouble trying to get the freebsd ruby-fcgi packages to
link to ruby 1.8, so I just figured I would try to get it working with
ruby 1.6, since the fcg packages seemed to install okay. Anyway, when I
try to run a simple test script from the command line that works fine on
my home machine, I get a weird error:

../controller.rb:20: undefined method `each_cgi' for FCGI:Class (NameError)

I have never seen this before and I know that each_cgi is a method of
the FCGI class. Anybody have any idea what's wrong? If anybody has any
experience working with this freebsd dual-version setup that would be
helpful too.

Thanks,
Carl Youngblood