ruby for commercial application

nkb

Hi.

I would like to use ruby for commercial application, possible embed it
into my C/C++ application. I read the license text, but still is not
sure abt the licensing terms. Can we use ruby for commercial
application? Do we need to distribte our application with sources?
Appreciate any advise. Thanks!!

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "Re: ruby for commercial application"
|Can we use ruby for commercial
|application?

Yes.

|Do we need to distribte our application with sources?

No. If you're using regex.c comes with 1.8.2, you have to allow
re-linking the binary (via supplying object files or dynamic linking),
because it's LGPL. If you are using Oniguruma new regex engine, you
have no such restriction.

matz.

Richard Lyman

Do you have an idea of when Oniguruma will be the standard/default and
not regex.c?

... or, when will regex.c not be in the ruby distribution?

-Rich

gabriele renzi

Richard Lyman ha scritto:
Do you have an idea of when Oniguruma will be the standard/default and
not regex.c?

.. or, when will regex.c not be in the ruby distribution?

-Rich

IIRC 1.9 in the cvs already has oniguruma as the standard regex lib.