Ruby-Gimp / Ruby-Gtk2

Jason Dumler

Hello,

Is there anyone here who has experience with the Ruby-Gimp package? If
so, here goes:

I've gotten the whole of Ruby-Gnome and Ruby-Gnome2 installed.
Everything seems to be going OK so far, however, the Ruby-Gimp plugin
will not compile (at all).

You are supposed to use the 'setup.rb' file with the following commands:
ruby ./setup.rb config
ruby ./setup.rb setup (fails here)
ruby ./setup.rb install (works just fine, except the above step fails)

It seems the 'setup.rb config' step doesn't make a top-level Makefile.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you get around it?
I've managed to manually compile stuff and run the install script, but
I'm pretty sure it didn't work right, since my Ruby-Fu scripts will not
load at all.

Thanks!

Jason Dumler