ruby-gnome on gnome-2.10

Joe Van Dyk

Hi,

I'm running Ubuntu Hoary. I've compiled and installed Ruby 1.8.2 and
ruby-gnome-0.12. When I try to run the gnomecanvas2 sample, I get:

joe@big:~/sources/ruby-gnome2-all-0.12.0/gnomecanvas/sample$ ruby canvas.rb
/canvas-primitives.rb:390: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [x86_64-linux]

Line 390 is a call to GnomeBPath.new.

I have libgnomecanvas version 2.10.0 installed. Is that too new to
use with ruby-gnome2?

Thanks,
Joe

Joe Van Dyk

Hi,
=20
I'm running Ubuntu Hoary. I've compiled and installed Ruby 1.8.2 and
ruby-gnome-0.12. When I try to run the gnomecanvas2 sample, I get:
=20
joe@big:~/sources/ruby-gnome2-all-0.12.0/gnomecanvas/sample$ ruby canvas.= rb
./canvas-primitives.rb:390: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [x86_64-linux]
=20
Line 390 is a call to GnomeBPath.new.
=20
I have libgnomecanvas version 2.10.0 installed. Is that too new to
use with ruby-gnome2?

Not sure how relevant it is, but the perl bindings work fine.

Masao Mutoh

I'm running Ubuntu Hoary. I've compiled and installed Ruby 1.8.2 and
ruby-gnome-0.12. When I try to run the gnomecanvas2 sample, I get:

joe@big:~/sources/ruby-gnome2-all-0.12.0/gnomecanvas/sample$ ruby canvas.rb
./canvas-primitives.rb:390: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [x86_64-linux]

Line 390 is a call to GnomeBPath.new.

I have libgnomecanvas version 2.10.0 installed. Is that too new to
use with ruby-gnome2?

Today, I installed Ubuntu 5.04 and try ruby-gnome2 and canvas.rb.
As the result, it works fine.

$ ruby -v
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-23) [i386-linux]
$ pkg-config libgnomecanvas-2.0 --modversion
2.10.0
$ pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --modversion
2.6.4

I'm afraid the problem is caused by the 64bit architecture.
I don't have any 64bit machines. So I can't re-produce/fix it by myself.

Joe Van Dyk

Hi,
=20
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:14:49 +0900
Joe Van Dyk said:
[...]

I figured so. I'd like to help fix this problem. Where should I
begin? I'm not sure about how to get debugging information from a seg
fault (that doesn't leave a core file behind).