Ruby-Gnuplot problem (using Cygwin)

Nuralanur

-------------------------------1118593771

Hello,

I've just downloaded and installed rgnuplot

_http://rgnuplot.sourceforge.net/_ (http://rgnuplot.sourceforge.net/)

and tried to run the first example under Cygwin, yet I get
an error message

/gplot/Gnuplot.rb:108 warning: Insecure world writable dir
/c/texmf/miktex/bin,
mode 040777

and the execution of the program stalls.
This appears twice, actually, as if the program had been started a second
time.
Gnuplot.rb is a file from the package which is "required" in the first line
opf my application
program, and line 108 is the second-to-last
in the following listing:

class ProcessWriter < Writer

attr_reader :cmd # Gnuplot command

# Create a 'GnuplotProcess' object. This starts a gnuplot program and
# prepares to write commands to it.
#
# persist - If set to true then the gnuplot command will be run with the
# 'persist' command line option.
#
def initialize(persist = true)
IO.popen( "which gnuplot" ) { |io| @cmd = io.readline.chomp }
@cmd += " -persist" if persist
l.108 @gnuplot = IO::popen(@cmd, "w")
end

so this is pretty much at the very beginning of initialization.
What can I do to get past the warning and the stall?
Does anybody use Gnuplot on Ruby who has had similar problems?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Axel