ruby graph: coordinate plane?

Michael Linfield

Been digging through the net this past day and I can't seem to come up
with any gem that supports coordinate plane graphing.

Checked out mainly Ruport, Scruffy, and GNUplot

They all have scatter plots but I'm looking to plot in the negatives as
well, something a standard scatter plot wont let you do. Sadly I also
checked Excel's ability toward scatter plotting, but once again, no
Coordinate plane.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

- Mac

Joel VanderWerf

Michael said:
Been digging through the net this past day and I can't seem to come up
with any gem that supports coordinate plane graphing.

Checked out mainly Ruport, Scruffy, and GNUplot

They all have scatter plots but I'm looking to plot in the negatives as
well, something a standard scatter plot wont let you do. Sadly I also
checked Excel's ability toward scatter plotting, but once again, no
Coordinate plane.

What do you mean by "plot in the negatives"? Gnuplot seems to support
scatter plotting, but maybe I don't know what you mean...

Todd Benson

Been digging through the net this past day and I can't seem to come up
with any gem that supports coordinate plane graphing.

Checked out mainly Ruport, Scruffy, and GNUplot

They all have scatter plots but I'm looking to plot in the negatives as
well, something a standard scatter plot wont let you do. Sadly I also
checked Excel's ability toward scatter plotting, but once again, no
Coordinate plane.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

- Mac

I'm not aware of the limitations of the tools you're talking about,
but you can transform your scatter "set" to positive if need be (i.e.
moving the origin in the x,y negative direction temporarily). This
shouldn't be that much of a problem unless your distribution distance
is large and your data is severely clumped (like a Pluto orbiting way
out there in a solar system with a bunch of planets hanging close to a
small star).

Todd

Michael Linfield

Todd said:
I'm not aware of the limitations of the tools you're talking about,
but you can transform your scatter "set" to positive if need be (i.e.
moving the origin in the x,y negative direction temporarily). This
shouldn't be that much of a problem unless your distribution distance
is large and your data is severely clumped (like a Pluto orbiting way
out there in a solar system with a bunch of planets hanging close to a
small star).

Todd

I need it to be a Cartesian Coordinate plane (4 quadrants) for the
reason being that I plan to apply the results to a jpeg/bmp.