ruby-gtk?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Gergely Kontra, May 6, 2005.

  1. I hope you don't count it as an advertisement, but ruby has a gtk2
    interface, which works on both linux and windows.

    Gergely Kontra, May 6, 2005

  2. Gergely Kontra

    Friday Guest

    Gergely Kontra wrote:
    > I hope you don't count it as an advertisement, but ruby has a gtk2
    > interface, which works on both linux and windows.

    Thanks for the tip.

    I think important 'building blocks' available for ruby are not
    advertised enough. GUI toolkits, database drivers, wrappers to
    important libs like openssl, and so on.

    For example, ruby-dl2 hit 0.5 in April and there's very little info
    about it on the web...

    Friday, May 7, 2005

  3. Gergely Kontra wrote:

    >I hope you don't count it as an advertisement, but ruby has a gtk2
    >interface, which works on both linux and windows.

    Where does one write for assistance on this? I'm having trouble getting
    the images that I've added to buttons to change after I alter them.
    (It's not a huge program, but it's a bit long to post on a mailing
    list. For one thing it must include the images.)

    Charles Hixson, May 11, 2005
  4. Hi,

    On 5/11/05, Charles Hixson <> wrote:
    > Gergely Kontra wrote:
    >=20
    > >I hope you don't count it as an advertisement, but ruby has a gtk2
    > >interface, which works on both linux and windows.
    > >

    > Where does one write for assistance on this? I'm having trouble getting
    > the images that I've added to buttons to change after I alter them.
    > (It's not a huge program, but it's a bit long to post on a mailing
    > list. For one thing it must include the images.)
    >=20

    Try the Ruby-GNOME2 mailing list:

    Laurent

    Laurent Sansonetti, May 11, 2005
  5. Laurent Sansonetti wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >On 5/11/05, Charles Hixson <> wrote:
    >

    >>Gergely Kontra wrote:
    >>

    >>>I hope you don't count it as an advertisement, but ruby has a gtk2
    >>>interface, which works on both linux and windows.
    >>>

    >>Where does one write for assistance on this? I'm having trouble getting
    >>the images that I've added to buttons to change after I alter them.
    >>(It's not a huge program, but it's a bit long to post on a mailing
    >>list. For one thing it must include the images.)
    >>

    >Try the Ruby-GNOME2 mailing list:

    >Laurent

    Thanks. I much appreciate the pointer.

    Charles Hixson, May 12, 2005