Ruby GUI for a program that works on perl files

Khanjan Gandhi

Hey all,

I am new to Ruby and trying to learn it. I have a program that is
written in the form of Perl and XML files, and runs from the command
line right now. I want to create a GUI for the same, so that a user can
run the same perl files from a User interface. So, I was wondering if
Ruby is the correct language for what I want to do or some language like
Lisp or Python is more suited for the same?

Thanks in advance,

Khanjan

Mk 27

Khanjan said:
Hey all,

I am new to Ruby and trying to learn it. I have a program that is
written in the form of Perl and XML files, and runs from the command
line right now. I want to create a GUI for the same, so that a user can
run the same perl files from a User interface. So, I was wondering if
Ruby is the correct language for what I want to do or some language like
Lisp or Python is more suited for the same?

Thanks in advance,

Khanjan

Wouldn't it be better to do the GUI with perl then? The tk bindings are
nice, I haven't tried the gtk+ ones.