Ruby header for tioga (missing)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Fabio Iocco, Jul 16, 2008.

  1. Fabio Iocco

    Fabio Iocco Guest

    Hello everybody, I am trying to compile the tioga application for ruby,
    but get the following message
    -----------------
    checking for zlib.h... yes
    checking for compress() in -lz... yes
    checking for ieee754.h... no
    You lack the ieee754.h header file, which might mean lower reliability
    when Marshalling Dvectors and Dtables
    checking for isnan() ... no
    MacOS specific installation
    Writing Makefile

    ---------

    So I apprently miss the ieee754.h header.
    I have looked for the file and copied it from somewhere on the net
    inside a coupl of folders where other header files *seem* to be in the
    tioga distribution but not in the ruby lib
    /usr/lib/ruby/
    cause I cannot find other headers over there.
    And I still get the same error.
    Anybody familiar with this problem and can tell me where to place the
    header/how to recompile/whatever?
    Thank you very much!
    f.

    Fabio Iocco, Jul 16, 2008