    Thanks a lot,
    Piero

    , Jan 5, 2007

  2. Hi Piero,

    Did you install the developer tool package? IIRC you can install it
    from the Mac OS X installation DVD.

    (You can check this by running 'gcc' on the terminal, if you see
    'command not found' you don't have the developer tool package.)

    HTH,
    Laurent

    Laurent Sansonetti, Jan 6, 2007

  3. unknown wrote:
    > I am trying to build
    > rubyOSA 0.2.0 on my Mac Powerbook, OS X.4.8.
    > When I run "ruby extconf.rb", following the instructions,
    > I get the answer "can't find header files for ruby".

    It is looking for the ruby.h file.

    In Ubuntu/Debian I install the ruby-dev package to get those header
    files. I assume there is a similar package for Mac.

    Suraj Kurapati, Jan 7, 2007