Ruby In Steel 0.7 available - Now On Rails

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Huw Collingbourne, Jul 10, 2006.

  1. We've just put online the latest beta of the Steel IDE for programmming Ruby
    in Visual Studio 2005.
    The principal new features are:

    Rails New Project Wizard
    Automated database setup
    Rails Solution Explorer
    Synchronize Solution Explorer
    Open Command Prompt in selected directory
    Import/upgrade Rails and Ruby projects
    Build to check syntax errors
    Rails Toolbar and Menu
    Start Server Dialog
    Generate Controller/Model/Scaffold/Other
    Run Gems dialog
    Integrated SQL Server development
    Configure Ruby and database path options
    Extra Ruby and Rails colour coding options
    File properties / flags
    Project properties (select from Project/Properties menu)
    Pre-Build and Post-Build Events

    These features are in addition to the editing (syntax colouring, code
    collapsing etc.) and Ruby debugging (breakpoints, watches, locals, autos,
    call stack, step into/step over) which we released in earlier versions.

    Steel can be downloaded from the Sapphire In Steel site:

    http://www.sapphiresteel.com/

    I hope you enjoy it!

    best wishes
    Huw Collingbourne

    Huw Collingbourne, Jul 10, 2006

  2. Huw Collingbourne

    Trans Guest

    Huw Collingbourne wrote:
    > We've just put online the latest beta of the Steel IDE for programmming Ruby
    > in Visual Studio 2005.
    > The principal new features are:
    >
    > Rails New Project Wizard
    > Automated database setup
    > Rails Solution Explorer
    > Synchronize Solution Explorer
    > Open Command Prompt in selected directory
    > Import/upgrade Rails and Ruby projects
    > Build to check syntax errors
    > Rails Toolbar and Menu
    > Start Server Dialog
    > Generate Controller/Model/Scaffold/Other
    > Run Gems dialog
    > Integrated SQL Server development
    > Configure Ruby and database path options
    > Extra Ruby and Rails colour coding options
    > File properties / flags
    > Project properties (select from Project/Properties menu)
    > Pre-Build and Post-Build Events
    >
    > These features are in addition to the editing (syntax colouring, code
    > collapsing etc.) and Ruby debugging (breakpoints, watches, locals, autos,
    > call stack, step into/step over) which we released in earlier versions.
    >
    > Steel can be downloaded from the Sapphire In Steel site:
    >
    > http://www.sapphiresteel.com/
    >
    > I hope you enjoy it!
    >
    > best wishes
    > Huw Collingbourne

    Impressive. Visual Studio is a nice IDE. Too bad I sold my copy of VS
    just a few weeks ago. Ah, but only use Linux now anyway.

    Just the same, nice work.

    T.

    Trans, Jul 10, 2006