Ruby in vim throws an error

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Brandon Olivares, Apr 15, 2009.

  1. Hi,

    I wasn't sure where else to post this. I just installed the Ruby
    configuration files for vim, from http://vim-ruby.rubyforge.org/.

    When I enable indentation like:

    filetype plugin indent on

    When I open a .rb file, it gives an error about not being able to open
    some file in /tmp. It references line 81 of ftplugin/ruby.vim, which is:

    let s:rubypath = system("ruby -e '" . s:code . "'")

    A few lines earlier, s:code is assigned as:

    let s:code = "print ($: + begin; require %q{rubygems};
    Gem.all_load_paths.sort.uniq; rescue LoadError; []; end).join(%q{,})"

    I'm rather new to vim, so don't know enough about this to know more
    about what's going on.

    I'm on vim 7.1, ruby 1.8.7 if it's relevant, and running it on Cygwin
    1.5.25.

    Thanks,
    Brandon

    Brandon Olivares, Apr 15, 2009