Ruby injected into Practices of an Agile Developer

Bil Kleb

I recently had the pleasure to help review the
upcoming Pragmatic Bookshelf title, /Practices
of an Agile Developer/,

http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/pad/

I don't know if was just me, or other reviewers
like Chad had a hand in it, but the final draft
that just came back had several mentions of Ruby.
RDoc also made it in.

Also, I (and others?) pointed out that the word
"compile" was a bit too old school for an "agile"
book, and it too changed in the final draft.

If you found /The Pragmatic Programmer/ a must-read
(although painfully lacking the "Ruby" word), you'll
definitely want to read this new title when it
becomes available next month.

Regards,

Matthew Johnson

I recently had the pleasure to help review the
upcoming Pragmatic Bookshelf title, /Practices
of an Agile Developer/,

If you found /The Pragmatic Programmer/ a must-read
(although painfully lacking the "Ruby" word), you'll
definitely want to read this new title when it
becomes available next month.

I also had the opportunity to assist in reviewing this book and must
concur that it's an excellent read.

Regards,
Matthew

Gavri Fernandez

If you found /The Pragmatic Programmer/ a must-read
(although painfully lacking the "Ruby" word), you'll
definitely want to read this new title when it
becomes available next month.

The book was written before the pragmatic programmers' love affair
with Ruby, but Ruby is mentioned in passing in the book. I think they
were just beginning to discover the joys of Ruby then.

P.S: Just thought I'd provide that almost totally useless piece of informat=
ion.