Ruby injected into Practices of an Agile Developer

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Bil Kleb, Feb 10, 2006.

  1. Bil Kleb

    Bil Kleb Guest

    I recently had the pleasure to help review the
    upcoming Pragmatic Bookshelf title, /Practices
    of an Agile Developer/,

    http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/pad/

    I don't know if was just me, or other reviewers
    like Chad had a hand in it, but the final draft
    that just came back had several mentions of Ruby.
    RDoc also made it in.

    Also, I (and others?) pointed out that the word
    "compile" was a bit too old school for an "agile"
    book, and it too changed in the final draft.

    If you found /The Pragmatic Programmer/ a must-read
    (although painfully lacking the "Ruby" word), you'll
    definitely want to read this new title when it
    becomes available next month.

    Regards,
    --
    Bil, http://fun3d.larc.nasa.gov

    Bil Kleb, Feb 10, 2006

  2. > I recently had the pleasure to help review the
    > upcoming Pragmatic Bookshelf title, /Practices
    > of an Agile Developer/,
    >
    > If you found /The Pragmatic Programmer/ a must-read
    > (although painfully lacking the "Ruby" word), you'll
    > definitely want to read this new title when it
    > becomes available next month.

    I also had the opportunity to assist in reviewing this book and must
    concur that it's an excellent read.

    Regards,
    Matthew

    Matthew Johnson, Feb 10, 2006

  3. On 2/10/06, Bil Kleb <> wrote:
    > If you found /The Pragmatic Programmer/ a must-read
    > (although painfully lacking the "Ruby" word), you'll
    > definitely want to read this new title when it
    > becomes available next month.

    The book was written before the pragmatic programmers' love affair
    with Ruby, but Ruby is mentioned in passing in the book. I think they
    were just beginning to discover the joys of Ruby then.

    P.S: Just thought I'd provide that almost totally useless piece of informat=
    ion.

    --
    gavri
    http://ga_woo.livejournal.com/