Ruby installation

Tridib Bandopadhyay

Can anyone help me in how to make the Ruby source files to executable
file.

I have the source code of Ruby and running in an interface of Linux.But
I am confused how to make the files in *.exe format.

Regards

Tridib Bandopadhyay

Alex Stahl

Uhh, you don't. Ruby is an interpreted language, meaning the source
code is converted to machine-readable code at runtime.

What you're asking is for compiled languages - converted to
machine-readable prior to execution.

There are tools available to create binaries from ruby scripts, but I've
not heard great things about them, and that's contrary to the way you
should use ruby.

And what do you need exe's for if you on linux anyway? Seems you're a
little more confused than you might know...

Rhys Powell

If you add #!/usr/bin/env ruby to the start of the file and then run the chmod
+x test.rb command in the terminal (where text.rb is your file) you can make
it executable in Linux.

- Rhys "Frog" Powell