    I am confused how to make the files in *.exe format.

    Regards

    Tridib Bandopadhyay

    Tridib Bandopadhyay, Sep 2, 2010

  2. Tridib Bandopadhyay

    Alex Stahl Guest

    Uhh, you don't. Ruby is an interpreted language, meaning the source
    code is converted to machine-readable code at runtime.

    What you're asking is for compiled languages - converted to
    machine-readable prior to execution.

    There are tools available to create binaries from ruby scripts, but I've
    not heard great things about them, and that's contrary to the way you
    should use ruby.

    And what do you need exe's for if you on linux anyway? Seems you're a
    little more confused than you might know...

    Alex Stahl, Sep 2, 2010

  3. Tridib Bandopadhyay

    Rhys Powell Guest

    If you add #!/usr/bin/env ruby to the start of the file and then run the chmod
    +x test.rb command in the terminal (where text.rb is your file) you can make
    it executable in Linux.

    - Rhys "Frog" Powell

    Rhys Powell, Sep 3, 2010