Ruby Installer - One-Click contest voting is now open!

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Luis Lavena, Jun 23, 2009.

  1. Luis Lavena

    Luis Lavena Guest

    I'm glad to inform that voting for One-Click Ruby Installer website
    design contest is now open!

    I've added more details on my blog post here:

    http://blog.mmediasys.com/2009/06/23/rubyinstaller-get-ready-to-vote/

    But just to summarize:

    5 designers have proposed designs:

    Thuva Tharma
    Ben Alpert
    Silviu Postavaru
    Francesco Agnoletto
    Pavel Macek

    Those designs can be previewed here:

    http://wiki.github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/website-contest

    The voting is being held on PollDaddy:

    http://answers.polldaddy.com/poll/1728654/
    http://poll.fm/111u6

    Voting will remain open until July 23, 11:59pm GMT-3 (Argentina Timezone).

    Results will be published once voting is closed.

    Donations collected on the pledgie will be received until voting is closed:

    http://pledgie.com/campaigns/4435

    Please visit the above links, review yourself the designer's notes and
    vote the ones will suit better the goal of the project, as described
    here:

    http://blog.mmediasys.com/2009/05/19/pledgie-help-one-click-ruby-installer-=
    to-get-a-new-home/

    Thank you the designers who submitted entries, the great people who
    contributed over the pledgie and everybody that provided feedback and
    positive words and feedback over the years to keep the project going!

    Regards,
    --=20
    Luis Lavena
    AREA 17
    -
    Antoine de Saint-Exup=E9ry

    Luis Lavena, Jun 23, 2009

  2. Re: [ruby-core:23976] Ruby Installer - One-Click contest voting isnow open!

    2009/6/23 Luis Lavena <>:
    > I'm glad to inform that voting for One-Click Ruby Installer website
    > design contest is now open!

    And also acceptance of new designs closed.

    I had some ideas but did not find the time to make them into
    something solid but perhaps some other time with some other project.

    Thanks to those who did make time for this one.

    > -
    > Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
    > but rather when there is nothing more to take away.
    > Antoine de Saint-Exup=C3=A9ry

    As much as I don't like some other things this person said every
    designer should print out his in huge letters and stick to some free
    surface above their desk ;-)

    Michal Suchanek, Jun 23, 2009

  3. Luis Lavena

    Roger Pack Guest

    > 5 designers have proposed designs:

    is html/sass available for each design, but we only get to see the
    pictures? If not, will the designers be happy to translate their design
    to HTML?
    Just wondering.
    -=r

    Roger Pack, Jun 23, 2009
  4. Luis Lavena

    Luis Lavena Guest

    On Jun 23, 1:44 pm, Roger Pack <> wrote:
    > > 5 designers have proposed designs:

    > is html/sass available for each design, but we only get to see the
    > pictures?  If not, will the designers be happy to translate their design
    > to HTML?
    > Just wondering.

    To answer your questions:

    http://pledgie.com/campaigns/4435

    Read the points of consideration:

    Before any designer do the mock up, they need to consider:

    1. Once design is approved, both hompages and inner page needs to be
    completed as valid HTML+CSS

    2. Cross browser (yeah, IE, I’m talking about that beast) needs to be
    considered as supported.

    3. Designer could have experience integrating this with Radiant and
    provide advice, but is not mandatory.

    4. Full pledgie money is going to be paid when HTML and CSS elements
    are handed over to RubyInstaller project team, in public, using a Git
    repository.

    5. Credits and copyright of the design will remains in the design
    owner, but he must give authorization for usage in rubyinstaller.org.

    --
    Luis Lavena

    Luis Lavena, Jun 24, 2009