Ruby Internship Request (RIR)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Shalev NessAiver, Mar 31, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    I am currently looking at various internship opportunities for this
    summer.
    As my dream internship would be with a web design company that uses
    Ruby,
    I've decided to post this request to the ML.

    I live in Baltimore, MD. - While this limits local internships to
    Maryland, I would also enjoy participating
    in an online internship (ie. Work from home. Collaborate over web or
    phone).

    I am 17. - Maybe a little young, but don't stop reading here. I like
    to think I'm mature for my age.

    I am a fairly skilled programmer. - As there is so much to choose
    from, I have dabbled in everything.
    I can do CSS, X/HTML, JavaScript, DHTML, C/C++, Obj-C/Cocoa, Ruby (plus
    some minor php and perl stuff).
    Of course, my focus right now is in Ruby and it is my favorite language
    by far.

    I have experience in all major OS's. - Mac OS X (My home turf), Unix,
    Linux (many different distro's) and Windows.
    I spend most of my time troubleshooting these systems for people, so I
    have a fair idea of how each works.

    I have been using computers since I was 2. - I guess I'm part of the
    new digirati wave ... or whatever the media is calling
    it this week.

    I love computers, and everything associated with them. - Computers are
    fun! Programming is fun! Fun things are not
    work. Work can be the target of procrastination, fun things can not.
    In other words, I am reliable and will complete
    projects at the greatest possible speed.

    I do not need (much) pay. - My primary goal in seeking this
    internship is to gain more experience. Specifically, I would
    like to gain more experience in the area of web/interface design. I
    can program fairly well, and I can create usable interfaces,
    but I want to really learn how to create sleek, cool looking, designs.
    Please note that this is not a criteria for any internship,
    just a preference. Also, I would not expect any employer to actively
    teach me things. Rather, I'd probably pick them up as
    I go along (ie. just by working with them).

    I can't think of anything else. - Please let me know if you are in
    any way interested, and/or if you desire more information about me.

    I am stuck in this weird style of typing. - Ok I'll stop now.

    -Thanks for considering,
    Shalev (aka Pugio)
    Shalev NessAiver, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Shalev NessAiver

    Dan Janowski Guest

    Are you still looking for an internship? I am the sole developer for a
    commercial web system that is entirely written in Ruby and a template
    system called clearsilver. Let me know and I could give you a ring to
    talk about it.

    Dan

    Dan Janowski, May 7, 2005

  3. Shalev NessAiver

    Dan Janowski Guest

    Sorry for the list reply, it has been a longer day than I thought.
    Dan Janowski, May 7, 2005