Ruby Internship Request (RIR)

Shalev NessAiver

Hello,

I am currently looking at various internship opportunities for this
summer.
As my dream internship would be with a web design company that uses
Ruby,
I've decided to post this request to the ML.

I live in Baltimore, MD. - While this limits local internships to
Maryland, I would also enjoy participating
in an online internship (ie. Work from home. Collaborate over web or
phone).

I am 17. - Maybe a little young, but don't stop reading here. I like
to think I'm mature for my age.

I am a fairly skilled programmer. - As there is so much to choose
from, I have dabbled in everything.
I can do CSS, X/HTML, JavaScript, DHTML, C/C++, Obj-C/Cocoa, Ruby (plus
some minor php and perl stuff).
Of course, my focus right now is in Ruby and it is my favorite language
by far.

I have experience in all major OS's. - Mac OS X (My home turf), Unix,
Linux (many different distro's) and Windows.
I spend most of my time troubleshooting these systems for people, so I
have a fair idea of how each works.

I have been using computers since I was 2. - I guess I'm part of the
new digirati wave ... or whatever the media is calling
it this week.

I love computers, and everything associated with them. - Computers are
fun! Programming is fun! Fun things are not
work. Work can be the target of procrastination, fun things can not.
In other words, I am reliable and will complete
projects at the greatest possible speed.

I do not need (much) pay. - My primary goal in seeking this
internship is to gain more experience. Specifically, I would
like to gain more experience in the area of web/interface design. I
can program fairly well, and I can create usable interfaces,
but I want to really learn how to create sleek, cool looking, designs.
Please note that this is not a criteria for any internship,
just a preference. Also, I would not expect any employer to actively
teach me things. Rather, I'd probably pick them up as
I go along (ie. just by working with them).

I can't think of anything else. - Please let me know if you are in
any way interested, and/or if you desire more information about me.

I am stuck in this weird style of typing. - Ok I'll stop now.

-Thanks for considering,
Shalev (aka Pugio)

Dan Janowski

Are you still looking for an internship? I am the sole developer for a
commercial web system that is entirely written in Ruby and a template
system called clearsilver. Let me know and I could give you a ring to
talk about it.

Dan