Ruby / Irb / Emacs

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Matthew Lipper, Apr 12, 2004.

  1. Hey everybody,

    I'm (finally) learning Emacs and have a question regarding inf-ruby
    mode. I'm sure the answer is in plain sight (e.g. rubygarden), but I'm
    either too new to Emacs/Lisp and/or too dumb to recognize it.

    When I run my unit tests, I'd like to see the result that normally
    goes to stdout w/out having to kill the irb process which the run-ruby
    command creates.

    Currently, from the 'MyTest.rb' buffer, I'm doing:

    C-c C-s

    then

    C-c C-l
    --
    Emacs 21.3
    Ruby 1.8.1

    Irb info (from w/in Emacs):
    conf
    conf.ap_name="irb"
    conf.auto_indent_mode=true
    conf.back_trace_limit=16
    conf.debug_level=1
    conf.echo=true
    conf.ignore_eof=false
    conf.ignore_sigint=true
    conf.inspect_mode=nil
    conf.io=#<IRB::StdioInputMethod:0x2ae8338>
    conf.irb=#<IRB::Irb:0x2aeb2a8>
    conf.irb_name="irb"
    conf.irb_path="(irb)"
    conf.last_value=...
    conf.line_no=3
    conf.load_modules=[]
    conf.prompt_c=nil
    conf.prompt_i="%N(%m):%03n:%i> "
    conf.prompt_mode=:INF_RUBY
    conf.prompt_s=nil
    conf.rc=true
    conf.return_format="%s\n"
    conf.thread=#<Thread:0x2a757d8 run>
    conf.use_readline=false
    conf.verbose=nil
    conf.workspace=#<IRB::WorkSpace:0x2ae8a88
    @binding=#<Binding:0x2ae85f0>, @main=main>

    Thanks,

    Matt
    Matthew Lipper, Apr 12, 2004

  2. Matthew Lipper

    George Ogata Guest

    (Matthew Lipper) writes:

    > Hey everybody,
    >
    > I'm (finally) learning Emacs and have a question regarding inf-ruby
    > mode. I'm sure the answer is in plain sight (e.g. rubygarden), but I'm
    > either too new to Emacs/Lisp and/or too dumb to recognize it.

    Seen this?

    http://rubygarden.org/ruby?EmacsExtensions
    George Ogata, Apr 12, 2004