Ruby / Irb / Emacs

Matthew Lipper

Hey everybody,

I'm (finally) learning Emacs and have a question regarding inf-ruby
mode. I'm sure the answer is in plain sight (e.g. rubygarden), but I'm
either too new to Emacs/Lisp and/or too dumb to recognize it.

When I run my unit tests, I'd like to see the result that normally
goes to stdout w/out having to kill the irb process which the run-ruby
command creates.

Currently, from the 'MyTest.rb' buffer, I'm doing:

C-c C-s

then

C-c C-l
--
Emacs 21.3
Ruby 1.8.1

Irb info (from w/in Emacs):
conf
conf.ap_name="irb"
conf.auto_indent_mode=true
conf.back_trace_limit=16
conf.debug_level=1
conf.echo=true
conf.ignore_eof=false
conf.ignore_sigint=true
conf.inspect_mode=nil
conf.io=#<IRB::StdioInputMethod:0x2ae8338>
conf.irb=#<IRB::Irb:0x2aeb2a8>
conf.irb_name="irb"
conf.irb_path="(irb)"
conf.last_value=...
conf.line_no=3
conf.load_modules=[]
conf.prompt_c=nil
conf.prompt_i="%N(%m):%03n:%i> "
conf.prompt_mode=:INF_RUBY
conf.prompt_s=nil
conf.rc=true
conf.return_format="%s\n"
conf.thread=#<Thread:0x2a757d8 run>
conf.use_readline=false
conf.verbose=nil
conf.workspace=#<IRB::WorkSpace:0x2ae8a88
@binding=#<Binding:0x2ae85f0>, @main=main>

Thanks,

Matt