ruby-iup preview release

Heesob Park

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the preview release of ruby-iup
[http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-iup/]
ruby-iup is a binding library for the IUP GUI toolkit.

IUP is a portable toolkit for building graphical user interfaces. It offers a
configuration API in three basic languages: C, Lua and LED. IUP's purpose is
to allow a program to be executed in different systems without any
modification,
therefore it is highly portable. Its main advantages are:

- high performance, due to the fact that it uses native interface elements.

- fast learning by the user, due to the simplicity of its API.

Refer to http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup/

For now, no document and test are included and works on Linux and Windows.

Some example codes are provided and theses are ported from C code.

Some Screenshots:
http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup/en/gallery.html
http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup/en/gallery_ctrl.html
http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup/en/gallery_dlg.html

== Example ==

require 'iup'

male = Iup.Toggle("Male")
female = Iup.Toggle("Female")
exclusive = Iup.Radio(Iup.Vbox([male,female]))
exclusive.value = female
exclusive.tip = "Two state button - Exclusive - RADIO"
frame = Iup.Frame(exclusive,:title=>"Gender")
dialog = Iup.Dialog(Iup.Hbox([Iup.Fill,frame,Iup.Fill]))
dialog.attr = "SIZE=140, TITLE=IupRadio, RESIZE=NO, MINBOX=NO, MAXBOX=NO"
dialog.Show
Iup.MainLoop
dialog.Destroy

== Get It ==

gem install ruby-iup

== Notes ==

Windows:

The OCI compatible binary gem is availble.
Tray application and MDI application is possible.

Other OS:
Requires motif compatible library.
Prebuilt IUP library are available at
http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup/en/download.html