Ruby license makes it unuseable ! !

Default User

Is anyone working on either:

1) cleaning up the Ruby license, so users at least know CLEARLY what they
can and can't do with Ruby.

(OR)

2) re-code the offending parts of the language so ownership and useage
rights are CLEAR.

Without clarification, I can't use Ruby. What a shame; it would have been a
great language . . .

(hint: see the Python license at http://www.python.org) ;-)

Daniel Carrera

What's wrong with Ruby's license?
What would you like to do with Ruby which the present license doesn't allow?

--
Daniel Carrera, Math PhD student at UMD. PGP KeyID: 9AF77A88
.-"~~~"-.

Dave Brown

:
: 1) cleaning up the Ruby license, so users at least know CLEARLY what they
: can and can't do with Ruby.
:
: (OR)
:
: 2) re-code the offending parts of the language so ownership and useage
: rights are CLEAR.
:
: Without clarification, I can't use Ruby. What a shame; it would have been a
: great language . . .

Don't suppose you can give a solid example of some of the language
in the Ruby license that you feel is offensive, can you?

(thought not)

--Dave