Ruby LiveCD

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Brandon Hines, Jun 19, 2006.

  1. Brandon Hines, Jun 19, 2006

  2. Rails LiveCD

    Oooh....check this...

    There has been tremendous progress on this project over the past few
    weeks. I'm mastering what will likely be the next to last release
    before RailsConf tonight for another round of QA before the initial
    release. This latest build offers most of what an average Rails
    developer needs right out of the box! That includes:

    * Ruby 1.8.4
    * Rails 1.1.2
    * Capistrano 1.1.0
    * Mongrel 0.3.13
    * Rake 0.7.1
    * Subversion
    * MySQL 4.1.12
    * MySQL Administrator
    * RadRails
    * KDevelop
    * Kate
    * and many many others!

    There are a ton of things we haven't finished or even started yet, but
    I think we're off to a great start.

    http://www.brianketelsen.com/articles/2006/06/20/progress-isnt-just-for-breakfast-anymore

    Brandon Hines, Jun 23, 2006

  3. Re: Rails LiveCD

    project sounds great, but where will you store your projects

    on remote servers?

    I built "rails appliance", something very similar but runs usng vmware
    player

    you can check that our on
    http://www.railsappliance.org

    regards