Ruby Meetup Group - North Alabama Region?

Lyle Johnson

I did establish a placeholder for a Huntsville, Alabama Ruby Meetup
Group (http://ruby.meetup.com/28/) some time back, but I've never
gotten the impression that the North Alabama area was exactly a hotbed
of Ruby programming. But as long as this topic is in the air, I'll
just throw this feeler out again.

I'm in Huntsville, but if we could form a group to serve, say, North
Alabama and Georgia, Southern Tennessee, and anyone else who wants to
get in on the act, perhaps we can find some central spot to meet. For
example, it wouldn't be a big deal for me to drive to Nashville on a
weekend if that's where the meeting were held. (The closest other Ruby
Meetup groups I see are in Memphis and Mobile, both of which are a
little too far away.)

Lyle Johnson

There were at least three Rails developers from middle TN that sprung
their head up during introductions on the Ruby on Rails lists. You can
check the archives.

Thanks for the heads-up. It didn't occur to me to cross-post to that
list (even though I'm subscribed), but I will go back through the
archives per your suggestion.