ruby ncurses does not compile

Gints Polis

Hi,

I am trying to use ruby on PDA. I got it working. Now I try to install
ncurses extension. I fail on finding curses lib:

root@h3900:/media/card/src/ncurses-ruby-0.9.1# ruby extconf.rb
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for ncurses.h... yes
checking for wmove() in -lncurses... no
checking for wmove() in -lpdcurses... no
extconf.rb:43: ncurses library not found (RuntimeError)

gcc does it easy. I found that I can get problem from ruby code, but
this is long way to go. May be someone nows easy answer for that or any
clues?

Thanks in advice,
Gints

Gints Polis

Reply to my self ... for archives....

Got info when looked to mkmf.log
It showed that ruby-static lib is needed.
When I install ruby-dev everything went OK.

Gints

Cameron McBride

I am trying to use ruby on PDA. I got it working. Now I try to install
ncurses extension. I fail on finding curses lib:

which PDA if I may ask?

Cameron