Ruby newbie: IRB syntax highlighting

Tahir

Hi

I am new to Ruby (just a couple of days) and programming.

I have got IRB in my shell now (I have Kubuntu installed) but was
wondering if there is a way to switch on syntax highlighting in IRB so
typed code can have some colour.

I have read of "eval.rb" which seems to be able to highlight code but I
don't I have this installed.

Any ideas?

I have 'Kate' as my text editor and obviously this can show code in
colour but it would be nice to learn Ruby interactively in colour!

Thank you

Tahir