Ruby on Rails Development Assistance

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Brett Miller, Dec 22, 2007.

  1. Brett Miller

    Brett Miller Guest

    Hello,

    We have a 3 month Ruby on Rails project that we need assistance with. We
    are looking for a strong developer that will also have done web
    application development of some sort using Ruby on Rails.

    Workload: 20-40 hours per week, primarily remote development, flexible
    hours
    Location: Chicago area
    Project Length: 3 Months

    If you are interested, please provide us the following:
    1 - Updated Resume
    2 - What rate are you looking for (w2 or 1099)?
    3 - When are you available?
    4 - If you are not available, do you know someone that is?

    Below is some additional information on the specific skills we are
    looking for.
    Job Responsibilities:
    Responsibilities of this role run the gamut from gathering requirements,
    writing the core building blocks of a web-based application, and
    developing the front-end experience for end-users.

    Experience and Skills Desired:
    - 1+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
    - Strong knowledge of building secure and scalable Ruby on Rails
    applications
    - Strong knowledge of HTML, JavaScript, MySQL and Apache
    - Familiarity with XML, RSS, and an understanding of applying
    transformations to data sets
    - Ability to work collaboratively in a shared code environment
    - B.S. or higher in computer science or equivalent
    - Strong knowledge of Object Oriented design
    - Ajax, CSS, other front-end experience
    - MySQL database design experience for large scale implementations

    Thanks,

    Brett Miller
    Custom Software by Preston
    773-549-2505