Ruby on Rails Jr Programmer - Austin, TX

Heather Sepulveda

Ruby on Rails Junior Programmer/Tester - Otherinbox
OtherInbox is looking to hire an experienced Ruby On Rails Junior
Programmer/Tester to join our team. We are looking for a highly
motivated, goal-oriented individual who will be responsible for
designing, building and maintaining sections of the product. The
successful candidate should be a flexible, highly independent worker as
well as an excellent team player, and able to work efficiently under
tight deadlines. All ROR programmers get paid to attend the Lone Star
Ruby Conference in Austin and the O'Reilly RailsConf in Portland. We're
committed to being the best place for Ruby on Rails Programmers to work
in Austin.

Responsibilities
• Write automated test routines and do manual testing
• Deploy on Amazon Web Services including EC2, S3, SQS
• Produce high quality, well-documented code in Ruby on Rails
• Be part of a team and create a culture that attracts the best of the
best
• Use the product yourself and help make it better

Requirements
• 1+ year(s) Ruby On Rails programming experience OR extensive
QA/Testing experience with some knowledge of Ruby on Rails
• Ability to work in an Agile, Scrum, XP environment
• Good understanding of HTML, CSS and AJAX
• Good understanding of Internet protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP,
HTTP, POP, IMAP, MIME
• Good understanding of Web-based technology as it relates to the
web-hosted model of software delivery
• Hands-on experience working with a MySQL or SQL Server database, SQL
programming
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• BS or equivalent experience

About OtherInbox

OtherInbox is an Austin-based start-up founded by serial entrepreneur
and email-marketing guru Joshua Baer. OtherInbox is the cure for email
overload - it provides consumers with a free email account that
automatically organizes newsletters, social networking updates, coupons
and receipts from online purchases so that its easy to find the most
interesting things and ignore the rest. OtherInbox shows the consumer
who is really responsible for sending them spam and gives them a
powerful new Block button to stop it once and for all. OtherInbox
launched publicly in September 2008 at TechCrunch50.

To apply for this position
Please send your resume to (e-mail address removed). No phone calls,
please. Please include the job title “Jr Programmer/Tester†in the
subject line of your email. Qualified applicants will be responded to as
quickly as possible. Local Austin candidates will be considered first.