    or upload more than that 1 .rb file.

    Thanks for your help
    , Aug 2, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I just inherited a project. I had to make a small change to a helper
    > file located in the helper folder (apps/helpers) and uploaded that .rb
    > file only to my remote server, but nothing changed.
    >
    > I tried to see if the changes were applied to my local server and it
    > works fine. Am I missing something? Do I need to compile the .rb file
    > or upload more than that 1 .rb file.
    >
    > Thanks for your help

    You probably need to restart your webserver or similar in order to
    reload the file.

    And, generally, you'll want to ask Rails-specific questions on the Rails
    mailing list, as this is the Ruby mailing list.

    -Justin
    Justin Collins, Aug 2, 2006

  3. On 8/2/06, <> wrote:
    > I tried to see if the changes were applied to my local server and it
    > works fine. Am I missing something? Do I need to compile the .rb file
    > or upload more than that 1 .rb file.
    >
    > Thanks for your help

    You don't need to compile Ruby files, but if you replace a file in a
    running system, it won't get loaded automatically. You need to restart
    the system (in this case, the Rails application). If that wasn't the
    problem, then this is a rails-specific issue.

    --
    - Simen
    Simen Edvardsen, Aug 2, 2006