Ruby on Rails Software Engineer Opportunity-Baltimore, MD

BLK

I am in the process of recruiting for a firm located in the Baltimore,
MD area that are seeking Ruby on Rails Senior Software Engineers.
After reviewing your online information, I would love the opportunity
to speak with you via a short telephone conversation. Would you be
available today after 3PM or tomorrow morning (Friday) between
8AM-11AM? Let me know what is most convenient for you and a number
where I can reach you for the call.

I have added a brief job description for your review so that you can
get a feel for what my client is seeking.

Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you
about next steps.

Ruby on Rails Senior Software Engineer

We are looking for highly motivated Ruby on Rails senior software
engineers with a passion for software development and who enjoy
learning and applying knowledge. You must be able to conceptualize
multiple layers of abstractions and models and have solid working
knowledge of object-oriented methodologies. Experience in logic
programming is not essential, but is desirable.

We focus Web application systems using Model Driven Development
approaches combined with logic programming and knowledge representation
components. Our models are derived from public health, biomedical
research, clinical practice, and computer science. Our products are
built with multi-tier enterprise frameworks based upon Ruby on Rails,
AJAX, XSB, and run on Linux servers.

Education and Experience:

* Bachelors degree in computer science (or closely related field).

* 12 months Ruby on Rails or 2 or more years predominantly in Ruby

Language.

Technical:

* Strong object-oriented design and development skills.

* Systematic software development processes.

* Experience with UML, EMF and design patterns.

* Model Driven Architecture.

* Database design/development (Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL).

* Experience with multiple programming languages, especially Ruby,

JavaScript, and XSB/PROLOG

Personal:

* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.

* Enthusiasm, commitment, and drive.

* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.

* Ability to work independently & with a team.

* Adaptability to changing client needs and company expansion.

* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.

* Ability to monitor project progress and notify others of real and

potential problems

Barbara Keihm
ReSearch Connection
678-468-9037